Effective Date: May 01, 2018
Welcome to ACE.date and ACE’s mobile and web-based applications (the "Service", "ACE" or "we") operated by ACESOFT LIMITED ("ACE" or "we"). When you use the Service, we process your Personal Data and other information. "Personal Data" means any data that allows us (regardless, whether we do this or not) to identify you (also "User") as a natural person.
- What information we collect and why.
- How we use and share that information.
- How you can access and update that information.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
2.1. Via the User
When you use the Service, we collect some of your data, such as:
- Information that you provide us with when setting up your profile; including but not limited to registration data, account settings and content that you add to your profile such as your address, email address, username, telephone number, phone book contacts, photos (including those which have been deleted from your profile), videos and other media files, information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, height, weight, educational background, hometown and other personal characteristics and demographic information. When you choose to connect your social media account to your Service profile, we collect certain Personal Data from that social media website. Information may also be provided by corresponding with us (by email or chat, for instance), when you report a problem with the Service etc.
- Data that we generate from your use of the Service. For example: data regarding the pages you visit, your interaction with other users, posts you share and data regarding the use of the Service functionality.
- When you activate paid functions of the Service: data we or our third-party service providers use for invoicing, delivery and payment of our paid functionality. We do not collect or store full credit card number information, though we may receive credit card-related information to help process future payments and summary information about transactions that does not include credit card or bank account numbers. Please note that we may store the first six and the last four digits of your credit card data as envisaged by the Payment Card Industry Security Data Standard ("PCI DSS") to help us identify any possible credit card fraud or other illegal behavior as well as quickly resolve any issues that may arise in connection with payment processing, making chargebacks and refunds.
We may collect and store personal data about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, phone number, address and email address. If you use our Service to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift or refer the Service to them, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
2.2. Via technical resources
While providing the Service we use various technical resources, which optimize the user experience and the functionality of the Service. The data that we collect by using those technical resources are:
- Information regarding appliances used, such as data on the type of hardware and/or software. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, information about your device, history of using other applications, access location and times, information on other apps installed on your device, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies and local storage information. When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on the Service, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Service. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our Service.
- Login information: all information generated from your login onto our platform.
- Your location (if your device settings are enabled to send it to us). In addition, your (probable) location can be stated on a geographical map based on your IP address.
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Service. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the Service we offer our visitors and users to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities. We may also use Google Cloud Vision API or other similar services to detect inappropriate content (e.g. adult or violent content) in the photographs you download. That enables us to provide safe user experience for you by identifying any undesirable user behavior.
2.3. Via external partners
We may allow third-party partners, including our authorized service providers, analytics providers, advertising companies and ad networks, to use "cookies" and other similar technologies to collect information about how the Service, advertisements, and email are viewed and accessed. We do not provide any Personal Data to these third parties. This information allows us to learn more about how the Service is used and for them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Our partners also may collect information about your online activities over time, on other devices, and on other websites or online services when they also use our partners' services. When they provide such services, they are governed by their own privacy policies.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your Personal Data and other information to give every User of the Service a safe, optimal and personal user experience. We may use information that we collect for the following purposes:
- The publication of your user profile. A social platform means that you can make contact with other users. We process your data in a unique user profile that will be visible for other users, visitors of the platform and users of some search engines. A User controls the information on his or her profile and can choose whether or not his or her profile is included in public search results (via settings).
- The improvements and development of matching results, techniques and other functionalities. We are specialized in successful matching. Our results are more accurate and more successful as we have more details on our users.
- Providing various (commercial) communications. We may use the obtained personal data to send various (commercial) communications. These communications can be sent by us, or by third parties on behalf of us. We may use third parties that ensure efficient distribution of the communication. Third parties may only use Personal Data for purposes determined by ACE.
- The improvement of platform functionality by analysis and interpretation of user statistics. We are happy to make use of new techniques to improve and renew our products and services.
- Advertising. Advertising allows us to provide you the rich content available on the Service. Some of our ads are based on the content of pages you are viewing elsewhere on the internet (i.e. online behavioral advertising). We believe that such tailored ads are more relevant to you and, therefore, more desirable.
- The detection of, and protection against fraud, errors and/or criminal behavior and breaches of our code of conduct. This is necessary in order to be able to offer a secure and a high-performance platform. Although we do not usually read or monitor the messages sent or received by you via the Service, we reserve the right to access and view such messages to detect any fraud or other illegal and undesirable user behavior, perform background checks on users or take any legally required actions. For instance, that may happen if we receive numerous complaints from the users on the content of the messages received from you.
- General member management and carrying out our paid services. By this we mean any action necessary to ensure proper service to our users. We use information to personalize the Service for you, such as to select the payment processor available to you, determine eligibility for promotions, and show you personalized advertisements.
Some of the data we receive can, due to their nature, be qualified as "sensitive". Sensitive data is data considering your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs and sexuality. Users are not required to share sensitive Personal Data on their profiles, but they can choose to do so. Sensitive Personal Data will only be processed in function of previous mentioned objectives.
During the registration process, the User agrees explicitly to the processing of all of his or her personal data.
4. IS MY PERSONAL DATA SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To protect the rights and property of ACE, its affiliates, or the public.
- If we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
- ACE may forward any counter notification that you submit pursuant to Terms of Service, and any related communications, to third parties.
We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Service and use and disclose it for any purpose.
5. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT?
Every User can be assured that we will process his or her personal data in a fair and lawful manner. We guarantee the following:
- Your personal data will only be processed for expressly stated and legitimate purposes.
- Processing of personal data will always be sufficient, proportionate and never excessive.
- We will never store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary.
We have taken sufficient technical and organizational measures to guarantee safe processing of your personal data. These measures are consistent with the nature of the personal data and proportionate to the potential severity of the risk.
Every User has the following rights:
- Right to object: Each User can oppose to the processing of Personal Data when there are sufficient legitimate and serious grounds relating to his or her particular situation. The User may at any time, free of charge and without further ado, oppose the proposed processing of Personal Data if the data was obtained for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Right to access: Each User has the right of access to all information regarding the processing of his or her Personal Data.
- Right to correct and delete: Each User can, at any time, ask for a correction or deletion of his or her personal data. You may update or correct the profile information that you have provided to ACE or deactivate your profile by editing your account settings or by sending an email to email@example.com. ACE may retain certain information *for a reasonable period of time to comply* with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes and enforce our legal rights.
6. OPTING OUT OF FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you wish to discontinue your ACE newsletter subscription, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the ACE newsletter.
FLORINIS 7, GREG TOWER, 2ND FLOOR, 1065, NICOSIA, CYPRUS
7. PUBLIC. SOCIAL AREAS
Your use of areas of the Service that are intended for interaction with other users may reveal your user name and may allow you to publish certain personal information about you. By choosing to use these areas, you understand and agree that anyone with access to those areas may access and forward any information about you that is contained in or that you post to those areas. As with any social networking service, you should use care when disclosing your personal information to strangers.
Also, the Service may permit interactions between the Service and a third party website or service, such as enabling you to "like" a product on our Service or "share" content to other websites or services. If you choose to "like" or "share" content on the Service or to otherwise post information from or via the Service to a third party's website, service, feature or application, that information will become public and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Service.
8. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
9. SECURITY. MONITORING
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Data. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.
10. CHILDREN & COPPA
We are a general audience service and do not use the Service to knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) that requires parental notice and consent under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") without such parental consent. In fact, if you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to use the Service and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Service.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected personal information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with COPPA and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without COPPA-required consent, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Data that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
12. CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Service is primarily operated in the United States. In order to provide our products and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to the United States. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the United States, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred.
If you reside or are located within the European Economic Area and such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as you would have within the European Economic Area to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our products and services, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
Given the fact that technology will always innovate, we cannot estimate what the future functionalities of our Service will be. Therefore, your consent will also apply to the processing of your Personal Data and other information by new technologies and techniques, which fall within the original purpose of our Service.
14. ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS